It's here... taking inspiration from the rare cocoa growing around us, we have created an exclusive menu of Cocoa Cuisine. Never heavy, the role of our cocoa is sometimes as a spice, or an infusion, but always in a natural, healthy and exciting harmony. This is an exclusive collection of recipes created by our own chefs to give you a tantalising taste of what Boucan is all about. I hope that you enjoy both making them and tasting them.
White Chocolate Mash
This is the bestselling side dish in our restaurants. In a cunning twist, the white chocolate replaces some of the usual butter with cocoa butter, elevating the humble spud to new heights of hedonism.
- PREPARATION TIME: 10 MINS
- COOKING TIME: 30 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MINS
- EASE OF PREPARATION: EASY
- SERVES: 6
- 500g hot plain mashed potatoes
- 100ml whole milk
- 100g white chocolate chopped into nut size pieces
- 100g unsalted butter
- Boil the potatoes for around 25 minutes or until soft.
- Place the hot mashed potato in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in the white chocolate ensuring all the chocolate has melted. Beat in the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Add a pinch of table salt to taste.